The UN 2023 Water Conference – the first in almost 50 years – is, as the UN says, the most important water event in a generation. The conference aims
The UN 2023 Water Conference – the first in almost 50 years – is, as the UN says, the most important water event in a generation. The conference aims to raise awareness of the global water crisis and decide on action to achieve internationally agreed water-related goals.
The Conference has five themes that support the SDG 6 Global Acceleration Framework:
1. Water for Health: Access to ‘WASH’ (Global Water, Sanitation, & Hygiene) including the Human Rights to Safe Drinking Water and Sanitation
2. Water for Sustainable Development: Valuing water, the water-energy-food nexus and sustainable economic and urban development.
3. Water for Climate, Resilience and Environment: Source to sea, biodiversity, climate, resilience and disaster risk reduction.
4. Water for Cooperation: Transboundary and international water cooperation, cross sectoral cooperation and water across the 2030 Agenda.
5. Water Action Decade: Accelerating the implementation of the objectives of the Decade for Action, including through the UN Secretary-General’s Action Plan.
march 22 (Wednesday) - 24 (Friday)
New York City, USA